Pic by Rachel
Robins gathering into a covey on the driveway.. Where is the green grass? I woke this morning with the forest covered in snow. How can that be? This week we had 70 degree weather, tornadoes touching down across Iowa and now Iowa is covered in snow.
Robins gathering into a covey on the driveway.. Where is the green grass? I woke this morning with the forest covered in snow. How can that be? This week we had 70 degree weather, tornadoes touching down across Iowa and now Iowa is covered in snow.A famous Iowa quote is... If you don't like the weather wait around it will change. Or It's Iowa for heaven's sake.
Beautiful seasonal changes, and I have grown to love those changes. The extremes are not my favorites but I love the changes that come with the seasons. Like seeing the turkey vultures returning to land in our trees and soaring over the land. I always believe that when they return spring is a given. They only return when the land is unfrozen. Those silly robins are good at adapting to very cold temperatures and so very untrustworthy.
My next joy, for this Spring season will be the returning of the hummingbirds.
So heres to snow disappearing... allow the warmth to return. Come on flying North you hummingbirds. It is time!
3 comments:
Sorry about the snow :( I always used the wrens as my bellweather for spring. Once they started singing and nesting on my deck, I knew warm weather was here to stay!
Well...we are right next door to each other!! Thank you so much for stopping by. I will have to look for the books by Kate Morgan. And I really hope we all warm up!
XO,
Janie
At least we know the snow won't linger for long at this time of year.
Post a Comment