Throughout the years, 26 bones of those feet took alot of standing, walking, jogging, dancing. They uncomplaining took what all I had to give them. The years passed and finally said, "ouch and more ouch."
It came to a point for me that in order to continue this life i lead... I must address the problem of my ugly feet. I began to see Lillie in my mind... everytime I tried to stand on my feet. The difficulty, she had when she stood. "Oh dear, I need my shoes..." as she came to the door to let a guest in... heaven forbid that anyone see those feet. No fit flops for Lillie!
Lillie was a housewife~ when women always stayed at home... luckily no worries of constant weight bearing jobs.
I am 9 weeks post surgery of 3 different procedures to help my left foot. My youngest sister, whom had these procedures~ continues to champion me that the end is very much worth the long recovery.
In fact, those wonderful Bee sisters had been great encouragement. Actually sending me a walker to get around easier and a beautiful paisley cane.
This week's goal is to move those toes~ you are getting ready to bear weight. You need to walk again and hold that body up for at least a solid 8 hours! Is it possible again? Yes! My they are stiff from healing will they like the abuse? Yes~ happy happy feet!
Success will come with good exercise and faith in myself.Looking forward to a pedi and spa time!?
Yes and ....
Dancing is dreaming with my feet!
~Constanze

So ~ from Lovelace in this great movie
"I must retire now to my couch of perpetual indulgence."

2 comments:
Hello Queen Bee! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sounds as if the past few weeks haven't been much fun for the feet, eh? Good luck with the rehab. I've been sleuthing thru your blog trying to figure out just who "Queen Bee" is, and I think I know! IF you're willing to share your 'real' identity, you can email me thru my blog...email address is in my profile. Nice to hear from you.
Happy birthday a day late. I just looked at my calendar. Today is going to be a good day to get outside!
Post a Comment