Our local Fitness Center is a non -profit exercise package. Many use it in our small community and as we all know our bodies benefit from taking the time to exercise. Having a fitness center in a small town brings it own challenges for upkeep and daily maintanience...The weather agreed it was to be a good day and 50 wonderful souls came dressed in green.
Myself, nervously held the stopwatch at the finish line. Rebecca was on the opposite side of that finish line diligently writing down the times I shouted and numbers as each one finished.
My eldest daughter, Kristin came as a volunteer to be a guidepost to those runners/walkers along the route. I loved her FB post as she was standing at her post. " I am standing on a corner of my childhood home watching my biology teacher, Doctor and math teacher, and daughter run by me." How strange can that be? and how perfect...
My granddaughter was game to enter with her friend. They of course, wanted to be wearing of the green. Maddy was given the prize for the most Irish! in fact she was an Iowa Irish. A male 70 year old from DesMoines, sporting green Lycra won for the most green. He was head to toe in green and received much cheers.
Everyone was pleased with how it it turned out and hopeful for next year. Many of us finished up the run by stopping at the Millerton Cafe for brunch. Pancakes, biscuits and gravy or omelets. Which really hit the spot after all our fun activity!
Great job Prairie Trails Fitness Center!
{I have been a bit late in posting. I have been having trouble for some reason with blogger. It has been more difficult to log onto and sure hope it improves. I miss those days when it will not let me blog.}
No comments:
Post a Comment