Thursday, April 7, 2011

Springtime Book Club Evening

Photo by Brenda B. of Simple Pleasures

My trip to the Doctor brought news... that I will be returning to work next week. I will miss my quiet time at the cabin, but happy that once again to be normal again! I do miss all my dear friends at work. It has been special to have that day to day time enjoying at home. It was A brief visit of home life during a future retirement journey. Believe I will enjoy it easily! Especially with happy feet!


Returning from my doctors appointment...I went to my daughter's who was hosting our monthly night of good food and book discussion. I discovered daffodils on her table setting from her garden. Joy! I brought the above Lemon Torte, which was requested to go with Rebecca's springtime theme. It is a favorite of my family especially my eldest daughter, Kristin. Sorry Kristin... there was not left.


But here is the recipe... and will promise to make more at our Easter egg Hunt dinner! Didn't Brenda take a lovely picture of it?


Lemon Torte


Crust: 1 1/2 cup of Flour


3/4 cup of Butter


1/2 cup of nuts {I use chopped pecans}


Mix together and press into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes... Cool


Next layer: Use a mixing bowl to mix together a scant


1 cup powdered sugar adding a little at a time to ...


1 large package Cream Cheese { 8oz}


then fold in 1/2 of a large {8 oz.} container of Cool Whip


Spread onto cooled crust


Next layer: 2 small boxes of instant lemon pudding. then add 2 cups of milk mix with wire whip till thickens add on top of cream cheese layer. ( I use the same bowl as previous layer..Saves on clean up )


Lastly frost the top of the lemon layer with remaining cool whip. (much easier to do, when the cool whip is softened to spread carefully).


Then add some lemon zest from a fresh lemon for color and wonderful final touch.


Place in refrigerator till ready to serve.




It was a wonderful meal Rebecca and everything was beautiful. In fact, there was a lovely post about our evening from Brenda @ http://www.simplepleasures-bb.blogspot.com/


We finished the evening discussing this book and was a hit with all the members. Kansas cattle ranch story with mystery and strong family relationships. We all recommend it! Great job Rebecca.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like I really missed out! Great job decorating RJ.
Way to taunt me! Rebecca had already texted me to say you made her the lemon torte. =) I guess I'll look forward to my dish of it at Easter. I better get a flower too. =)