A grandparents wedding day. I find myself still thinking of generations past and was thinking of my father's parents.Orville a carpenter and a man that I remember had much laughter and enjoyed grand kids around him. When we came to visit, he always brought to us a entire box of Hersey chocolate bars. Not the ones in bags we have now but, a whole box that you found at the grocery checkouts racks. I remember the feeling of opening up the lid to see the bars stacked side by side. I never could imagine ever going to the store with my mom and getting this at the store! Grandpa died on a sunny day after renting a fishing boat on the coast of Washington. No warning... just fell over, while walking down the dock. I can see him smiling and excited about the fishing trip plans. He did love to fish and spent many a evenings on the Chariton river catching the biggest catfish I ever saw... I was only 11 years old when he left my life.
Lillie a housewife, mother of 8 children all of which were boys and 1 daughter. She gardened, crocheted and played some mean Canasta cards. She was a housekeeper who never had anything out of place that i remember. I wonder... how it was when all the boys were growing up. I had heard many stories from my dad and his brothers about their shenanigans.
Grandma lived into her 80s and i do not remember, but a few gray hairs isn't that amazing? Neither did my dad! Their hair was very black.
Orville and Irmel brothers married sisters....Lillie and Maggie... I wished i would of heard more of their courtship story.
I do love the wedding photo. It speaks much of promise and how i love the dress and necklace on this photo.
They are all gone now and i will just have to imagine what all their were to each other. I do Need to do more on that research!
2 comments:
That is an amazing and beautiful photo.
You and I share a love of the past and wishing we knew even more about those who came before us and to whom we owe our very exsistance. It's fun to ponder, isn't it?
Great story! I love hearing these stories, you need to tell me more of them!
Post a Comment