Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's A Dog's Life

The 2011 Best in show... first time ever of this breed.. Hickory, a Scottish Deerhound.The USA network has been broadcasting the Westminster Dog Show The 135TH time in New York city. The best dogs of all the AKC breeds are shown in their finest. I used to show Golden Retrievers in the breed ring ...never to this height of course, but enjoyed it just the same. Now I just enjoy dogs and now have only one a Doberman Pincher.
But here are a few of beloved dogs from my family members.... that may give you cause to say, aah!
An Irish Wolfhound

English Mastiffs after an cold morning walk.


A miniature Dachshund
I have more... but sadly the computer will not allow anymore at this time.
Time to check on my dog who tells me in her very special talk pet me now!



5 comments:

Marta. said...

super blog ;]

Brenda said...

There was a viszla in the show that looked so much like Molly. Virginia sent me a link that had a photo of the viszla.

I'm glad you are still enjoying the fudge.

The new Survivor season starts tonight; we're going to Allerton to the fireman's supper then watching at Bill's. He's making pie---of course!

Queen Bee's Musings said...

I saw that visual and I thought of Molly also.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Looks like you dog has a wonderful life.. I am sure better than some unfortunate people... Glass cloches can be found at gift stores and some florist shops are having them.. Ebay also but I would hope they would ship ok....I purchased mine when I was still in design and from gift shows when purchasing for business. Shouls be able to get them for 40.00 or less...

Diane said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love animals and I love these pictures of the dogs in your family, AND the picture of the deerhound, those action shots are so great. Diane