Monday, March 1, 2010

The Forgotten Garden OMBC

Getting ready for my turn at book club evening.
My favorite book of late, is this,"The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. we will be discussing and enjoying a meal together.
I like to choose a meal. that reminds us of the book, we will discuss....
So I am thinking Italian.. It takes place in Australia and Cornwall, England but...
On Cassandra's girls night with a friend, they have Ravioli. So I discussed, it at work with my Italian friend and she suggests, {along with others at work, totally agreed! }, I needed to stop at Graziano's Grocery Store! Friday, after getting off work, I found this quite store in downtown Des Moines.
Do I ever wished, I had my camera! I may just have to go back and post a picture later for you because it was indeed special! It is a family owned store since 1912. It is found in the same building, where it begun.. when the Italians settled in downtown Des Moines. What wonderful smells upon entering and items, I have not seen in our local grocery store!!!
So Italian it will be girls!! Can't wait to try all the items I found!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Italian. Yummy. That shop sounds interesting.

See you tomorrow night. Can't wait!

Stephen and Rachel said...

Italian grocery stores are the best! We had a favorite in Florida called Mazzaro's. Cheese, meats, coffee, and the best Italian sub anywhere.