Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pillow for Jamie

A pillow made for my son's dear girlfriend's birthday. Then I was off to work this past weekend. It was a very busy 3 days I must say!
It was hard to leave as I have become addicted to watching the Olympics in Vancouver. The athletics have worked so hard and I feel, I need to give them the respect to watch. But really I do, enjoy hearing their stories and seeing their efforts.
On Sunday after having a long day at work, I was looking forward to coming home. I needed to find my comfy spot on the sofa.... but a snowstorm had moved in. I felt, I did not have the strength to fight it in the darkness and with the slick roads. DH said, it had been snowing for many hours and was unable to see the roads. Thank goodness, I have a place to stay with my MIL's and they were watching the Olympics! Yeah.
So I came home yesterday in the beautiful sunshine and with much snow still visible on the highways and roads. Especially as I came closer to home. We were the winner of 6+ more inches! The school district lost another day of school.
Today, I am enjoying the rest and reading the Forgotten Garden. It is even more loved then the first time I read it. The characters are so endearing and find I do not want to put it down once again. I hear Kate Morton is writing a new book and I cannot wait to get it!
It won't be long and it will be time for book club at my home. I do hope, the weather will be compliant. I also do need to pick up my stitches of the elusive fairies blocks.. maybe later today while watching the Olympics

1 comment:

Brenda said...

The pillow is beautiful; the colors are so rich!

I'm glad you didn't try to fight that storm Sunday.

I finished The House at Riverton and probably need to go back and skim The Forgotten Garden; I'm afraid I'm going to get them mixed up. I loved them both.

Can't wait until Tuesday. The weather sounds like it's going to cooperate. Fingers crossed.