Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day a Time for Weddings

My eldest daughter wanted be married on this special day... but if I remember right the 14TH fell on a Friday that day... so her special day was the 15TH. It was a snow felled day as today is found to be. We still had a beautiful wedding and they shared a honeymoon close by, at the beautiful restored hotel in Allerton. The Inn of the Six-Toed Cat. I want to wish them both a wonderful day of memories and happiness. Happy Anniversary Kristin & Marty.

This beautiful flower, I want to share is of course, our newest member of the family. Kristin's granddaughter and my great one. Such a sweet smile for everyone. Brings joy as a flower from a spring garden. I hear she is getting into everything these days. Keeping their household very busy indeed.
Much snow arrived here again yesterday. We are receiving sunshine now and a few flakes are still falling. The deer tracks are glistening off the pond and through the yard as I appear out my window. Drifts once again and my DH is plowing the drive, but I am very glad, I will be staying to just peek out that window this day.
"We turn not older with years but newer everyday."
Emily Dickerson


4 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy anniversary, K & M!

Cute little gg-baby! I'm loving these babies!

Kristin said...

K

Kristin said...

Thanks for the tribute Ma! I know it was a long time ago but I think your memory is starting to fail. We had our rehersal dinner at the Inn.. then stayed in Des Moines before jetting off the next morning to Las Vegas for the honeymoon. =)

Queen Bee's Musings said...

Yes,, I remember the Rehearsal dinner... But I thought you were going to stay there because of weather... instead of the Embassy...Thanks for the correction