
A day of remembering our Lord, wearing of the green and remembering our Irish roots.
Today, you may see the shamrock displayed everywhere. The churches of Ireland used this leaf to explain the trinity to the children. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are one...
St. Patrick did not chase the snakes from Ireland, but did spread the faith across the Island. I do not think that any snakes were ever found on this beautiful island.
The Blarney Castle where the stone lies can be kissed for... luck.
I hear tell you...sit with your back to the stone and your legs are gripped.
You lean backwards and down, grabbing onto iron rails with your hands until you kiss the stone! Was the King giving the gift of Blarney to his Queen or was he full of Blarney?
My sister married into a large family of American Irish. Her family has spent several trips visiting this beautiful island. I know my niece and nephew have kissed the stone. Did it bring them luck?? I believe they have very rich and full lives and strong love for family ties.
Beverly, did you know that our family as well has some far distant Irish heritage also?
I will be thinking of you all and of the green. It sounds to be in the 70s today!!!
I do like the green theme as it makes me think of Spring. The vultures have been spotted on the ranch. So I know it is here. My next wonder, i search for is the return of the hummingbirds.
Enjoy the many parades and celebrate the Green!
No comments:
Post a Comment