Saturday, June 30, 2012

Memories of Kathy




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

I have a first cousin who has touched my life throughout... She turned 62 on June 17th and today I'm on the way to her funeral. She lived her life with a passionate desire to give her love to everyone that came into her life.
Our fathers were brothers and as children,we spent summertime visits together. Many a Christmas was spent with the Terry family gatherings. There we created imaginary space people called Marsha and Martin whom love to say, uhmmm perky perky that when on to a song and played with the similar dolls we received.
I remember...
Sharing the worse time of poison ivy one summer, when we explored the woods behind her home.
She was a year ahead of me in school so Kathy received the womanhood talk lecture first. I remember her explaining to me this is what will happen to us...
My father moved me away many times through his job, but we never lost contact.
We each found our lifetime husbands. Happily one year Terry and I moved to Kathy's area. At this time, we were beginning our families.
But this time i had two small girls ahead her.
Then my husband and I moved away after the birth of our first son. Kathy was pregnant with her first son also. Tears were shed but...
Shortly, after that Kathy and her family moved to our area and our husbands shared the same job at Winnebago.
We both felt God wanted our lives to be shared. This was a time, when our walk with the Lord was becoming alive! It was Kathy,that explained that God has the abundant life for free,if I would just ask! We prayed together and studied the word many times as our babies played.
We always shared tall glasses of iced tea. Many times this lead to projects ...we needed to make for our children. Memories of sharing Lots of sewing time together and ideas!
Always at the end of the day... every toy and game, kids got out had to be picked up and put in it's proper place before leaving. Kathy was a stickler about returning every item before leaving. I think of her still,every time I continue to do this.
Our lives grew apart as our children grew and we moved away from each other. But that let us lose touch and a birthday never forgotten. We would try to meet and catch - up
With each others lives as frequently as we could work it out.
Too soon, Kathy has went to walk with the Lord on the heavenly streets, but you are always with me in my cherished memories! Those continue daily.
Thank you Lord for the gift of my Cousin Kathy.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Bonnie,
I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds as if you and Kathy shared many precious times together.

Rays of Stitches said...

So sorry....I know Kathy impacted your life and you shared many great times as young mothers. You'll be together again some day.

FredaB said...

Bonnie I am so sorry to read about the loss of your cousin. Just reading about the two of you and what you shared showed the wonderful memories that you have.

Hope these will carry you thru this hard time.

Hugs

FredaB

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, while reading a teacher blog I decided to do something I rarely do...I clicked the little "next blog" button and roller over to you lovely site:) I am so I did. You have begun a healing of your grief by honoring Kathy and sharing publicly the way your lives so lovingly intertwined. It's morning here in San Jose, CA, and you just made my day with such poignant and powerful words. Because of Kathy & because you are a courageous woman....be blessed, my dear Queen. Barbara Capps