Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Nurses Day

This is National Nurses Week with the delegated day on May 6TH. I believe it was proclaimed by Pres. Nixon. But, we do date back to the Crimea War with Florence Nightingale. This picture is of the first ambulance for Iowa and who do you see but a nurse waiting to unload the patient. I do love this picture. Iowa Methodist and their school of nursing have been around since 1900. Unfortunately, the school closed in late 90s but our hospital is thriving.
Last night was a great time at book club at Linda's Victorian decor home. The food courses were... I believe, more delicious... then the ones discussed in our book's selection. "Service Included" Which was about being a Captain at the Per Se restaurant in New York City.
Time for me to head off for another stint at the E.R. and nursing challenges.
Happy Nurses Day to all you do the same...

1 comment:

Shopgirl said...

This is a great picture. So much information, love this.
I love old pictures. And I can tell you do also.
Happy Everyday, Mary