
A wonderful, restful day as a recovery of my weekend work time. Too soon, I will heading back for my regular work week.
The warmth in my cabin feels wonderful as the snow is falling. The temperatures continue to be in a single digit. I have many thoughts on which projects to begin as I enjoy the woodstove. But I find I am unable to begin this day.
My drive home on Sunday evening was not uneventful. Our high population of deer keeps me always on the alert. In December, I met with a buck of large antlers onto my car. My car was just newly restored last week, for my drive to work. Through the darkness, as I was approaching the last town before home. I found myself, slowing down as another deer jumped onto the highway. The Semi truck, I was meeting had difficulty as it crossed into his side of the lane. Ho, another one jumped out! In front of me again. I stopped, but not after hitting his body with the front of my car. Fur into the air and shattering of glass, made my heart jump and call on Jesus. Praising his name, the glass was ice on the hood of my car. A dent to the front of the hood was visible but headlights were intact. Shaking but safe, I drive on home. When opening the front door, DH said, you made it. But as I shared my tale, he thought I was kidding! I feel blessed it was not worse but, oh those deer... I admire to watch from my window, but not on the front of my car!
I am sure, the Semi Driver feels the same.
2 comments:
You really should take that deer magnet off your car! Sorry to hear it attracted more! Maybe you should get a different car.
Oh my goodness, I can't believe it has happened again just when you got your car back to new again. Your guardian angels are working overtime. Thank you Lord! Glad you are O.K. Cars can be replaced.
Love ya, Barb
Post a Comment