Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow and Garden planning?!

Super snow heading to the Midwest. It is blowing hard with winter snowflakes now.
So very glad I had fun yesterday thinking of gardening and springtime.



On one of the blogs I follow... I found a tip about winter seed sowing 101 at...
Agardenformyhouse.com. Thought I would try his plan. You use milk jugs open and leave a hinge, along with drainage holes, so it can be taped back, label of course.
Then you you place outside and let the snow fly.
That was yesterday's project.



-Some seed types seem to benefit by the cold freeze and insulation from the milk jugs. Thanks to my daughter, who with her young son goes through Lots of milk jugs these days.
Today though, the mailman brought the rest of my seeds ordered from seed saver exchange in Decorah, Iowa They have only heirloom seeds truly organic. So will plant them at a later time.
I will have to let you know how they turn out.
Hope you in the snow storm area are home safe and snuggling in a warm quilt.

using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: