Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crazy Quilters Meet

Arrival of many friends,( alias crazy quilters ) to St. Louis area.
Our day of adventure was to begin downtown at Cherokee Street to where the Lemp empire began. It was a brewery that covered five city blocks. An Industrial giant in 1840s, found that he could brew lager beer under the natural cave system under the streets of St. Louis.
The day was spent at the now unused warehouse where many stored treasures were found that crazy quilters can use on their stitched heirlooms.
Then for lunch we headed to John Adam Lemp's mansion pictured below for a delicious lunch.
I have taken many I hope, great pictures to share later.
Now off for some stitching with CQ friends.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I went online and read about the Lemp family of St. Louis. Wow! What a tragic bunch! Did you encounter any of the ghosts at their masion?

I can't wait to hear more and see more about your trip.

Shopgirl said...

Love this post, it is fun to learn things about old places. Hugs, mary

Shopgirl said...

Happy 4th of July!!!