May's read for the OMBC is this debut book. The author stated, I want to write a book she would enjoy reading. Born in England, but now resides in United States. It is a love story based in England of two widowers, who shared many common interests. Finding themselves with different backgrounds and families leads them trying to walk a life without the interference of those families and community. It is a delightful read and if you like English wit...and excellent prose you will enjoy this author's journey into their lives.We will be meeting at Linda Couchman's as this is her chosen book. She has lovely gardens as the English in this story. She is our own author. She has published a children's book on the Seaman's Journey story of Lewis and Clark. She writes a weekly column in our local newspaper on gardening with her own style of wit. A teacher for over 25 years she has much love of a good story and favors English history and gardens stories the best.
I am looking forward to going to Linda's and discussing this book along with our club's delicious food.
During the evening, I will unveil my choice for the month of June.... Much thought and decision making on my choice was nervously done. I had been planning another favorite book, but was afraid it might be too much reading for this busy time of year. I also chose a debut novel which I have not read so...
Fingers crossed and hopeful it will be well liked!
No comments:
Post a Comment