
The Lost Hours--An evening with my good friend. Her home was our destination for discussion of this fun summer read. A story of friendship and relationship in the South.
It was Brenda's turn to host her chosen book for us this month. She is a lady of detail and many were found as I entered her lovely home. She captured the theme quite well. Flowers everywhere from neighbor Bill and perfect as many of scenes from the book took place in a garden.

Seed packets she placed at each place setting of the flower Moon flower vine. A name card of the Latin quote used on the angel charm which is the book theme. "Perfer it obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --- Be patient and strong; someday this pain will be useful to you. Also on the table, we found letters mentioned, so we could place in our hands and read once again.

Many tea sandwiches of cheese , chicken salad, delicious grape salad, pasta. and bean salad. I can hardly do it justice it was a delight to the tummy. Very glad I skipped lunch, for I needed to get seconds. Dorene also made a delicious Oreo ice cream chocolate dessert. Yum! Do hope Brenda shares her recipes on her blog. We also had many choices of cold teas and of course, Cokes... because, they were in the book! Note the beautiful angel at the buffet head another very significant part of the book.
"The Lost Hours" by Karen White was indeed a fun, summer, quick read for us all and did give us a few thoughts to ponder.... A Wonderful evening of Simple Pleasures... enjoyed by all! Brenda... Thank you for all the details and great evening.
2 comments:
Thanks for the kind words. As I put things together, I think of you because I know you'll appreciate the details; you always go all out when it's your turn to host.
That looks like a beautiful evening. Good food, good friends, good books, what could be better.
You were right about the new book because I went online to the library to check it out and they have removed that date. They say there are 2 holds and I guess that one is mine except by that time I will be in Florida. Will put my name in when I get there.
Yes I did read both. Went back and started with the first. Both excellent.
I could not find an email for you so am communicating this way.
Hugs
FredaB
Post a Comment