Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Auction Season Time

The season is here... found a good one last Saturday at a nearby town. Good Auction seem to be getting scarce anymore. On this day it was filled with some of my favorite treasures and easily use up our Saturday waiting for those treasures to come up for bidding. As you can see I felt I hit the jackpot. DH has been searching for a stained glass window for quite some time and joyously one was here. The owners of the items, stated they had received the window from the Baptist church at Chariton when the new building was built many years ago. They felt they needed it, as it brought memories to them of being married there in 1947. Yes, we were the ones to win the bid!
It is missing a frame. In our wood shop my DH has been very busy this week. He is working on a oak frame to support and stabilized the beautiful window. We have hope of trying to place it in our cabin today. Hardly wait to see how the beautiful light reflects the colors!
I am also busily working on a project for a dear DIL birthday and maybe will add a bit of my new treasures to it....

2 comments:

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Oh you did have fun.. Hum I spy some beautiful beading.....

Brenda said...

Love the pearls!
I enjoyed our afternoon today.
Go here to read about the Barnhouse Boys http://www.barnhousebh.com/