Monday, February 16, 2009

Majestic Site


Upon rising this morn, i looked across my front window and view a majestic site!
An bald eagle with a wing span of 80 inches fly across the sky. then he perched in this tree.
Wow! What a view to wake up and see! Gives a feelings that God shows his gifts of creations everyday. PTL!
I usually find these birds on the backs of my coins or my paper moneys...or the great seal of the United States. Witnessing out my early window was such a gift.
This bird became out National Seal after much discussion in 1782. The biggest deciding factor was a quote from our early patriots. On an early morning battle ground were nests of eagles. When the noise of the battle begun, the birds flew out of their nest and circled the battle field. They began giving shrieks to the patroits as if to encouraged them on to battle. The men shouted back, "They are shrieking for freedom!" The rest is history...

1 comment:

Rays of Stitches said...

I feel the same way. When I see a bald eagle it takes my breath away. They winter in our area so we have found places most likely to see them. Usually along rivers. What a great way to start your day! BJR

P.S. To think that Ben Franklin (I think) wanted to make the turkey the national bird!