Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thoughts of Tasha Tudor

During this wintery cold days I have been browsing this delightful book!


I found it on Alibris.com used books. I have always admired her the fun and beautiful illustrations in children's books. But her lifestyle was a simple and back to basics as if the 1800s.
If you have not taken a walk through this book check it out. It is a treasure to enjoy as eye candy and words of wisdom.
We have a forecast of wintery weather and single digit temperatures. So thought i would share some her thoughts. Here are a few words from Tasha...
"I don't shovel snow. It's a waste of time. I just walk through it and make a path. I keep a pair of snowshoes stuck in the snow by the back door for when it really drifts.
I can always smell the first storm before it comes. There is a scent of snowflakes in the air that's unmistakable. To me it's joyous.
I especially love it when the storm comes quietly during the night and I wake up to a changed world. I can tell instantly. The light in my bedroom is so different when there is snow outside.".
They is much more beautiful thoughts I have enjoyed reading. Another fun note were in this used copy, I have found lovely little bookmarks tucked into the pages of the giver of the book, their delight and wonder she wants the recipient to see.



If you can, spend time looking at a wonderful life of Tasha Tudor
Born August 28, 1915 Boston, Massachusetts
Died June 18, 2008 Marlboro, Vermont





1 comment:

Brenda said...

I really admire Tasha Tudor also. I have the book about her garden. I also have a couple of video tapes that you would love.