It was at Rebecca's my daughter's home and I heard from her brother that it was delicious. I missed it as it was my weekend to work at the E.D.
Today, it was back to mine. Love hearing the family voices. Baby Hudson and all the granddaughters. Kealah Laura and Madalyn from Winterset. Extra fun family time added as Kealah brought her hair essentials tools and did a few haircuts for family entertainment.
Before their arrival, I pulled out Paula Deen's Celebrates. Cookbook.
I whipped up her Toffee Gooey Butter Cake.
Cheeseburger pies- slider grilled hamburger then placed in in dough with cheese and baked till golden brown. She suggested puff pastry, but our local Hy-Vee does not carry that, so I substituted with crescent tube dough. They were a hit with the family. main course was...
Taco Soup by Paula Deen
1 3/4 ground Chuck
1lg. Yellow onion chopped
2garlic cloves minced
2-14.5 oz. Cans of diced tomatoes w/juice
1can kidney bean-(drain all the beans)
1can pinto beans
1can black beans
1can whole kernel corn
1can14.5 oz. Chicken broth
1-1.25 oz pkg. Taco seasoning mix
In a lg. Dutch oven cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat. Drain meat if needed then stir in remainder of ingredients.
Bring to boil , reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
For the crockpot needs I bet you could adapt this recipe.
I served with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar.
Easy peasy Paula and tasted very yummy also.
Needless to say, the toffee Gooey Butter Cake was a yummy finish to the meal!
So thanks Paula Deen for a very good Sunday dinner ideas.
Loved the joys spent with family. Only wish, they all were close enough to enjoy the yummy meal with us.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
2 comments:
Oh, that sounds like a good Survivor night recipe!
It was delicious! Taco soup is one of my new faves:)
Post a Comment