Monday, January 24, 2011

The Garden Barn Gift Shop Indianola Iowa miniature garden


Wintry skies and thoughts of gardens. So many cloudy days, but how fun to think of those days spent at garden barns and shops. Baby bee sister, Barb was asking about a pic, I took at The Garden Barn at Indianola and whether they had a web site. This got me thinking of friend Brenda... who introduced me to the fun Garden Barn. Sadly, it is closed for the season but will reopen in April. But Barb, click on the link below and it will take you to her website.
The above photo is of another wonderful adventure with friend Brenda and Doreen to Creston called Windy Acres. Lois had beautiful vignettes to her gardens and fun antique shop, that we all loved browsing about. We of course, took some treasures home. It was a joy to meet Lois and her friends and had a delightful afternoon at her lovely home. So hope we can work another trip in this summer... What do you think Brenda, Doreen and Creston gang?
So while I appear out my wintry cabin window... I catch a glimpse of a bald eagle flying exciting. Though those thoughts of spring still remain.

The Garden Barn Gift Shop Indianola Iowa miniature garden

4 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

It's so nice to meet a fellow Iowan. Thanks for following my blog. This looks like a fun place. I assume you are nearby. I've been to Indianola. We used to have a friend from there that we played volleyball with. Connie

Brenda said...

I'm in for another Creston trip this summer!
Brenda

Shopgirl said...

So cute, what a fun place it must be. Hugs, Mary

Littlest bee said...

So excited to go check it out Bonnie. Sounds and looks like a place I need to visit next time I am in town.