Sunday, September 19, 2010

Book Club Meets Author

The week after returning from a great Sister's week with my sisters... my book club went to Des Moines to meet and hear one of our favorite authors... this is her latest new book. Sara Gruen was very fascinating and listed below is the interview on "you tube", please check it out..
We loved her previous book "Water for Elephants" and looked forward to this next one.
She spent quite abit of time here in our State to research the Bonobos. The Great Ape Trust and actually became very friendly and close to their family. "The Ape House" is based on one of the females of The Trust. I was so very excited and thankful Dorene shared her book club evening with us.. We all carpooled to the event and had a quick delicious meal at The Gateway market. Then on to listen and get our very own autograph copies of her new book.
The summer has went so very quickly! I have hardly had time to take a breath and do justice to my blog... so sorry but I will slowly try to catch up. I have missed it but at the same time have enjoyed all the joys of the summer season.

No comments: