Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Holiday Time is Near

What busy times... Many events I have attended these past few weeks. In between working working. It can leave me breathless, but fill with joy.
In October after the sister retreat, we had many of my kids birthdays and attended granddaughter's volleyball games.
Also I attended the AQS quilt show in Des Moines at the Wells Fargo Arena. It was a honor to be able to attend this wonderful event. Much to my enjoyment, they had quite a large display of antique quilts. Anita Shackleford's collection of red and greens was awesome to see. Kalona also had their quilts from their Antique Amish Quilts collection. Browsing after that became overwhelming, as I walked through the many vendor's and beautiful quilts displayed from around the country. It was so very exciting for Iowa to have the American Quilt Society come to Des Moines. This was their 2ND year to come to our capitol.

Then the first weekend of November... I went to Louisville to share in the celebration of my sister Bev's 50TH birthday. I spent the day riding with my other sister, Brenda. The long ride shortened by sharing time together in the car. Much catching up with each other was done both on the way to Louisville and home. It was fun but exhausting sharing with all my siblings and Bev's lovely family.
This past weekend we celebrated my Husband 60Th birthday. A fun time shared with our children and families along with my MIL, FIL. It is always a joyous event when shared with our kids and family. My husband's mother will celebrate her 80TH in January. Looking forward to planning this event. But she informed us... not to celebrate! Imagine that?! Not going to happen!
Thanksgiving is fast approaching and many are making plans to share together. Mom, 79 years young will be hosting the event. She takes great pride and joy in this and really loves to have all her family around her. She wants to continue to be the host as long as she is able.
For me, my family is planning on coming and have fun each year. I will be working at the ER.
But being, she lives so very close to the hospital... I can catch the later part of the festivities and share some time with family.
Now on to the jobs, I need to complete today before heading back to work tomorrow.

No comments: