
Christmas Book Club night always kicks off the holiday season for me. It was so much fun and enjoyed sharing our host, Brenda's beautiful home. Her decorations were so wonderful. She has a special gift and eye for making those holiday decor outstanding. The food as always was delicious and we found ourselves very full. we were able to prepare for the rest of the evening. We discussed Brenda's book, "One Fifth Avenue" by Candace Bushnell. Ratings were 2.5 to 4. We all agreed, we enjoyed reading about a lifestyle in New York and it was far removed from our simple lives. But, it was fun learning about the life of wealthy New Yorkers. It was agreed humorous and interesting read. thanks for the pick Brenda. The gift exchange of books read in 2008 keep us all guessing and lots of laughter as we opened the wonderful presents.
We miss you Tina and thought of you all evening. Otherwise all members were able to attend.
Thanks Brenda!!! Great night.
2 comments:
Wow, I love your cabin and your backyard is great, peaceful and yet all the natural entertaining :) - you don't need discovery channel! I used to live in NYC too, moved to midwest since 1989 after I got married (still married to the same person who took me out of NYC). We have deer in our backyard but nothing compared to yours. I do enjoy visiting your blog. Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas and a new year filled with love, peace and happiness.
I had a great time hosting the party. It inspired me to spend extra time with the decorations, and I appreciate your kind comments. Tina's absence was the only low point of the evening. It was great to have everyone else together.
Great friends, great food, great times together, life is good.
Post a Comment