Friday, February 11, 2011

Cheerful Basket Arrival

The Odd-mannered Book Club sent me cheer and well wishes for healing. Once a month for the last 10 1/2 years we have been meeting to discuss our book choice. I must say, that through this once a month gathering has come to me... very treasured friends, who are dear to my heart.
I I missed this month meeting, it was a hosted by Dorene and supper by Kendra. Last night my daughter delivered the basket, which all members chipped in for me. Brenda, I heard put it together so beautifully. Many gifts were inside to help cheer and assist with my convalescing. A new book to read also. "Growing Up Country" Memories of an Iowa Farm Girl and signed copy no less. It is hard to put into words how much joy this brings my heart. Thank you so much cherish friends.... I will enjoy every bit.
Don't you just love the treats as well... You guys thought of everything!
Now time for some chocolate!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I'm glad our basket brightened your day. We missed you at book club; it's just not the same without YOU!

Brenda