{Pic from busybeeblogger}
Gypsy Rose Lee... 100 years old today. If she was still with us. She died in 1970 at only 57 years young. She began her career at 3 years. Sunday Morning CBS did a excerpt on this remarkable women yesterday. A vaudeville showmen that was closing it's era...and she found herself at a burlesque opera house and saw a chance to use a bit of creativity to revive her show. She never once removed all of her clothes! But did bare her strongest feature her legs. {This day some will bare all for a stage} Her voice and creativity won her fame. A theory of hers was "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing ~ very slowly"These pictures brings to mind Martha Green. A Crazy quilter. She loves to make beautiful colors with beautiful bygone glamorous women, who crossed lines of established Morales.
It would be fun to create one of all her glamorous dresses. What do you think?
In this pic even at home she was all glamour. She even had her own talk show on TV at one time. In her older age she was found to have said, " I have everything I had 20 years ago only it's a little lower." Doesn't appear that way in this pic. but she started this strong focus on herself when she was only 15 years old. She had one son who has published a book and i believe Gypsy also published her memoir. I must be on the look out for them. A strong women in a time when women were still at home.




1 comment:
Thank you for your comments you left on my blog. I think I will send her a nice card in awhile with some little thingthat I have made.
It was funny you writing about Gypsy Rose Lee as they were talking about the movies that have been made and who played in them.
Apparently they are considering another one with Barbara Streisand as Gypsy. Might be interesting.
Hugs
FredaB
Post a Comment