Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Time speeds by, so quickly and life just happens. How long ago was I just a child, happy to enjoy a family picnic at a park. I do not even remember where... We grow up, life's journey continues down the road.
I remember on this day my father. He has been gone from my life for over a dozen years. But, I still remember his words of wisdom given to me from my father.
He had a cherished laughter. I laugh that filled the room. When ever I had a story to tell him, I can still hear it's precious sound. He too had many to share of his stories with passion. In my memories, I see us sitting around the dinner table listening intently.
If I listen quietly, I can still hear those sounds.
Happy Father's Day
I will treasure the memories and the gifts of life, you gave, always in my heart.

1 comment:

Shopgirl said...

This is a lovely picture..it reminds me of when I was growing up. Hugs, Mary