Friday, December 11, 2009

Festival of Trees Completion


Festival of Trees--- Thanksgiving I had a blog about the gingerbread men, I was working on for this project. I wanted to share the completed project. Blank Children's fundraiser was a success! It takes place Thanksgiving week with my fellow staff members, Linda Mitchell and Cindy Urquhart who are found working on this all year.. Linda is the head organizer and I am always amazed and delighted in the completion of final tree decoration. As you can see, the theme was Candy land. She used the game board as the format for every piece of layout and decorations on this tree. The tree did very well and was chosen in the 2ND tier of donations, which is a very good deal. Linda and Cindy should be very proud, as the ER staff is proud of them. Also thank you for allowing the rest of us at the ER to help.
I Must mention the tree skirt above the diorama, was cross Stitched candy land theme {of course},by Cindy. All ornaments were handmade and add so much to this theme.
The winner of the auction of these trees, then get donates them to many worthy organizations.

Hopefully anyone around DesMoines area on Thanksgiving was able to enjoy all the many trees that were at this exhibit.


No comments: