A wonderful evening of friends, who love to discuss books. How can it be 10 years since we began meeting once a month. While discussing we rate those books from 0-5. then we critique the writing style and the rise and fall of the chosen story.
So many books have been read! 120 books have been discussed and then some. Extra books have been shared also through the years! Many of books we have chosen as hits, long ago have since, found their way to become movies. Many have been first time books of new authors and sometimes cherished classics. I have seen us grow in our choices of the literary selections, we have made each month.
We celebrated this event at Linda's lovely Victorian garden home. It also just happens to be her birthday. Instead of Linda cooking we all surprised her by bringing the entire meal. It was delicious every morsel, need I say, these book members are all very good cooks!! Rebecca made the chocolate cake decorated with her beautiful scented peony. The rest of the menu included ham balls, scallop potatoes, homemade rolls, pineapple salad, coconut pie, Czech bars. Every one was through nourished!!! So Sorry Brenda, Kris, and Valerie, you missed a good time. So wish all nine of us could of been there!
We also celebrated Linda as it was her birthday!
Her book chioice was also thoroughly enjoyed by everyone as well.
"The Guynd" by Belinda Rathbone A Scottish journal. A good read!
The personnel journey of renovating an family estate and landscape.
Friends of O.M.B.C. it has been an wonderful journey for us these 10 years.
I cherish the times, we will continue to have and the books to share!




2 comments:
Sounds like a great group and ya'll had a grand time. Happy 10th!! Ruby
I'm sorry I missed it! The pictures are great. I love the mirrors on the wall; everything looks lovely.
Brenda
Post a Comment