Sunday, June 7, 2009

40 Years of Marriage


My lands has it been 40?!.....
I met my husband the first day I entered school. I was a mid spring transfer student to a new high school. Fresh from a Hawaiian island, and nervous of beginning yet another transfer as a young teenager. But as I walked into that study hall, facing the door way was a young man with the best eyes and I felt my heart do a flip flop! Wow!
I had to walk to the front of that long classroom to give my transfer slip to the teacher. Never stopping to feel, the quietness of the room, as everyone was wondering about this new girl. My thoughts were on this cute guy at the end of the room.
Now I realized, God must of had a hand, in that of my family was transfered in March at the closing of the semester. If we had not moved into the school system then... we never would of meet. He was a Senior and I only a sophomore.
Now, after many years of time, beginning a family, raising two daughters and 2 sons, I find my life has continued to be blessed in many ways.
Thank you Lord for my blessed life!
Thanks dear husband for 40 years!
Happy anniversary to US!

4 comments:

Ruby said...

Happy Anniversary! WoW! Such a sweet story. Celebrate!!!

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary! Tried to call you guys but you must have slipped off for a romantic getaway! Enjoy your day!

Rays of Stitches said...

Talk about love at first sight! As you said it was meant to be.
Congratulations and wishing you many more happy years together.

Love,

Barb

Brenda said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. You are such a wonderful couple. Look forward to many more great years together!