
I love to do family research. This past week, my husband and I have been trying to connect a needlework, we have obtained. It was done in 1817. Which lead us to Centerville to the research library.
It truly is a remarkable library. They are in the process of renovated the building, but still continues to be a service to the community.
It was built in 1903. A gift from Civil War General F.M. Drake, former governor of Iowa and founder of Drake University. General Drake's resident at the time was on a mansion in the town of Centerville. He gave the library to the city of Centerville, Iowa ,on the condition, that they would continue to maintain and keep it serviceable. It now is 105 years old and a beautiful building. I kept getting distracted from from research, as I found so much to admire in this building.




2 comments:
That building looks really neat also. I would like to check that one out too!
My friend Debbie is on the library board. A lot of her ideas are being incorporated in the decor.
Post a Comment