Thursday, January 21, 2010

Summer Thoughts in an Iowa Winter

This Morning as I looked to my favorite spot to relax, I found was not at all appealing...
Ice came in Tuesday night and the foggy, frosty days gave way to icicles. Still looked for sunshine but, searching in vain this morning. The schools have dismissed for a second day this week and I believe they have seven missed school days for inclement weather. The rural roads seem to be impassable with all the ice and snow this season. So the children must stay indoors in their homes and entertain created activities to parents dismay. My daughter states, that our dear Maddy has become a news junkie. Which Maddy says makes her very sad with all the sadden news about the Haitians. All our hearts goes out to the people and we must all keep them in our prayers. Each day more are rescued, which is hopeful, Maddy.
I have begun working on bookmarks for book club, this gives entertainment to me and a focus.
I do believe, though I must leave today, to go to Des Moines to work. If I wait till in the morning it will be much more stressful. It has been wonderful to be home during this week but E.R. for the weekend.
Maddy keep busy and everyone enjoy the weekend. It does sound as if it will be warmer. :}

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Ha, your porch does NOT look inviting. Love the picture of the ice. What a winter!

Stephen and Rachel said...

Uggg. We have just not have any of that business! I guess Chicago is the place to be this winter. We've been thankful even though our Floridian bodies aren't accustomed to 30 degrees!