

Some songs, trigger memories of special times or stories told. I was listening to to a song by Mark Schultz,
the chorus touch me, as well as the words to the song...
He was walking her home
And holding her hand
Oh the way she smiled it stole the breath right out of him
Down that old road
With the stars up above
He remembers where he was the night he fell in love.
www.metrolyrics.com/walking-her-home-lyrics-mark-schultz.html
These lyrics brought to mind a story my Papa J. told me after he was alone and stopped at my house for a visit.
I was at a social party of friends and i saw this red-headed girl and knew, I had to walk her home.
She gave me a son and two daughters. Then we held each other as our first born son left us at the age of 12. Doctors said, his heart was not strong.
We turned to our daughters hugs. Then that red-headed girl gave me a red-headed son.
Years went by of good and bad times together to quickly.
I stayed with her, till she left me one cold evening in an ambulance with a blood clot to her lung.
There were times, she had to to walk me home, but she always stayed by my side.
We will walk together again. I know she is waiting for me.
Mt grandparents were married over 50 + years. Some of my high school years were spent living with them. I also remember coming home after my evening out and would find them watching their favorite TV show, chairs side by side. As I walked past, I will always remember... they were holding hands. This was placed in my heart, and i knew this was a perfect love of a lifetime.
Love you Papa & Grandma, I know you are walking hand and hand still.




2 comments:
I love that sweet story!
BB
ahh that is sweet! Gave me a tear remembering them!
Post a Comment