Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Capitol on Display


The news have our eyes focused on the capitol. A time in our history, where a new President will take office.
It brings to my thoughts and prayers a quote, I remember learning of our White House.
It comes from the first President to reside within it's walls.
"I pray heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none, but the wise men ever rule under this roof."
. ----John Adams----
Interesting that this building was designed by an Irish American architect, James Hoban.
Constructed by free and enslaved African-American, along with many immigrants who newly arrived to this country. My prayers are the same. Guide and direct all those who will now have our country liberties in their hands.

2 comments:

Stephen and Rachel said...

I've been watching people on TV all day say what a day in history. I just think, what a start for our future. Haven't felt this kind of positive patriotism and hope in some time.

And I'm sure you meant John Adams was our 2nd President. Wayne Community's finest taught me well!

SD

Stephen and Rachel said...

As soon as I posted that, I realized he was the first to live "IN" the White House! Pardon my ill-informed correction.