Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pear Tree Autumn Splendor

Voting Day!!! Dh & I were on our morning am jaunt to vote in another small town. This caught my eye in the morning sunshine. The tree seem to be all alone in it's golden glory. The pears this year were small , the size of eggs. The cattle and horses have enjoyed them and a couple for us too.
My voting experience was changed this time. We had to go to a different town. They decided my town was a bit too small to count their votes. We traveled 10 miles to the next town. Seymour. which was established 1871. Late as towns go around here. I hear it became a town because the railroad was built through the area.
My biggest enjoyment of voting was in their community center was a quilt on the wall.
I ask, if it would be allowed for me to go behind the booths to see the quilt closer...
One of the nice ladies, believed it would be okay. So I signed in to vote then proceeded forward.
But I was thinking now, Promise City actually had enclosed booths to cast your vote. Seymour had tables set up with red/White/blue cardboard tri folder in which to keep your voting secret. Then as you left with your ballot a machine grabbed your paper for official counting. Quickly!! Look out fingers.
Then I proceeded to go to the back wall and check out the lovely quilt.
Flying geese around the border and blocks were crazy patched with vintage black & white photos of original town buildings and homes. Some of the blocks even had a couple setting on their front porch. The drug store with the soda fountain stools was eye catching also.
Wish I could of got a Picture, but that, I believed would of been frowned upon. I may have to come back, when the voters are not lined up to get behind those cardboard folders!

No comments: